Calving progresses at different rates for different cows. Mostly; the calf can be pulled by hand after correcting any abnormality of position. However, in some cases, a mechanical calf puller, or calving jack is required to pull the calf.
Once it is determined that a calf can be safely pulled; MediTools Calf Puller is an excellent tool when used appropriately. It provides an easy approach to difficult calving by creating a dual action zigzag motion.
The Hercules calf puller provides an easy approach to difficult calving. The unit creates a dual action pull (zigzag motion).
- Ratchet type jacks have 3 separate hooks.
- Putting one chain on one side hook and another chain on the other side of the hook creates zig-zag motion.
- Calf walks out with less strain to the calf.
- The central hook can be used for head pulling or simultaneous pulling of both legs.
- Pressure can be released by moving jacks backward.
- Central rod is deeply grooved to prevent slipping.
- Central Shaft can be dissembled from the center for easy storage.